ColourPop 'Clueless' & 'Trap' Review + Swatches on Brown Skin

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Review & Swatches

Hey everyone! So unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard all the hype over these CP liquid lipsticks. Today I'm putting 2 shades to the test; Clueless, "a dusty mauve pink," and Trap, a "dusty greyed out beige."

Top: Clueless  Bottom: Trap

First things first: formula. These lippies are drying. My #1 tip for this product? VASELINE. Using a thin layer of it underneath the lipstick will make it so much less dry, and way more tolerable on the lips. I also suggest applying a thin layer over the lipstick for even more moisture (trust me, you'll need it). This will dry matte, so don't worry about the texture changing. 

CLUELESS
On me, this shade is way too light to be considered a "mauve," as Colourpop calls it. It's pretty, but it almost looks like a nude-pink. I'm disappointed in the pigmentation of this shade because it's the one I was most excited about receiving.


TRAP
Unfortunately, this shade seems to show up as a nude on me as well. It swatches a lot more vibrant and dark on my arm, but once it hits my lips, it looks a bit ashy. I don't see any beige tones in it at all, but CP was right to describe it as "dusty."


FINAL THOUGHTS
These were a no go for me. Although I had such high hopes, I don't find these 2 particular shades to be brown skin friendly. They were only $6 each, so in this case, I got what I paid for. I still love Colourpop as a brand, so I may give some of their darker Ultra Matte Lip colors a shot.

Comments

Popular Posts