Pinterest Beauty Hack Tested: Shaving with Baby Gel

I was browsing Pinterest the other day for some beauty hacks, and came across a pin that suggested swapping shaving cream out with baby oil gel. The original pinner stated stubble was at a minimum almost a week later, and that this hack will change your shaving game!


I put the hack to the test, and I'm not mad at it! First things first; I do think it's very important to exfoliate before shaving with oil since it's so much thicker than shaving cream. This helps ensure you are shaving your legs rather than shaving any dirt and dead skin cells that may be on your skin. I use a sugar scrub from Bath and Body Works, but any scrub should do the trick.

I used a dime-sized amount of the oil for each leg, as well as my bikini area, and got to shaving. I was a little worried about my razor getting clogged, but it's nothing taking a toothbrush into the shower can't fix. It made my skin so much smoother than when I've used shaving cream in the past, AND RAZOR BUMPS ARE AT A MINIMUM. I went in with coconut oil as my after shave, and it was honestly the most moisturized my skin has ever felt. Lotion isn't even necessary afterwards.

All in all, I give this hack two thumbs up. Although I noticed stubble the very next day, I experience the same thing with shaving cream. I will definitely be using this hack regularly in my hygiene routine.

Comments

  1. I have heard so much about shaving using oil but I have never tried it. Just like u said I feared my razor getting a clogged and then leavening u with a blunt razor.

    Chinella
    www.lalachicuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts