7 Tips for Killer Senior Pictures

I was on Facebook this morning and got an "On This Day" notification. I opened it up and couldn't believe that I was looking at a year old status I posted with my senior pictures attached. Time flew! I love the way my pictures came out, so I have some tips to share with any seniors who are getting ready for their photo shoots!


1. Get a good headshot. This is something I didn't even think about during the shoot, but I'm so glad we got some great ones! They have and will come in handy for resumes, profile pictures, etc.

2. Bring different outfits. You'll thank yourself for doing this. Not only would one outfit get boring, but having multiple outfits gives you some differentiation when selecting pictures for your graduation announcements and grad party invitations towards the end of the year.

3. Choose at least one timeless outfit. You're going to look back on these pictures for years and years to come, so you'll want to include a classic outfit. I went with this LBD, but you could also go with a white button-down paired with blue or black jeans, a solid-colored dress, etc.

4. Get your makeup professionally done. Makeup artists are knowledgable on which products photograph best. I went to Sephora for my makeover, and the artist used several of these products, one being Makeup Forever HD Foundation, which is specifically formulated to create a flawless complexion on camera. I've been using the same foundation ever since!

5. Choose the perfect location for you. I'm an outdoorsy person, so I wanted to incorporate that into my pictures. I honestly could not have been any happier with the location. I love every single background in every single picture!

6. Get some Pinspiration. I wasn't as into Pinterest a year ago as I am now, so I didn't have very many ideas for poses, but I've since discovered how great the app is for picture inspiration. You can create a board full of photo ideas, and also even collaborate with the photographer on a joint board that you both can pin images to.

7. Choose an outfit that's "you."I wore heels in 2 of my outfit choices because they look a lot better in photos than flats do. I still wanted to wear an outfit that was more my style and something I would actually wear on an ordinary occasion, so I went with the outfit below.

Photos by Victoria Inman of VI Photography

Comments

Popular Posts